When I buy produce, I usually just keep it in the bag or box that it came in. I recently received a set of produce keepers from Good Cook and it has changed my habits. I now put my produce in the appropriate keeper or one that it fits in. I purchased lemons and blueberries so I could make lemon blueberry muffins. I used the lemon keeper for a lemon and the grapefruit keeper for blueberries. I had my produce in them for a week and they were still in great shape when I went to use them. The keepers look cute in my fridge. They catch my attention so I remember to use the produce. The keepers have transparent lids that twist to lock so I can see what is left. The produce keepers have organized my fridge plus my produce lasts longer.
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 lemon, juicedCrumb Topping
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin pan with liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and lemon zest.
- Add blueberries to flour mixture.
- In a liquid measuring cup, add vegetable oil, milk and egg.
- Make a well in the flour mixture, add liquid mixture and lemon juice.
- Mix ingredients until moistened.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.Crumb Topping
- Mix together brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and cut in butter.
- Sprinkle over muffins before baking
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes or until done.
Get 25% off on these keepers and your entire order on Goodcook.com with coupon code KEEPERS. If you purchase any of the keepers, you will also receive a free banana keeper with your order. Offer expires June 30, 2013.
Enter to win a Good Cook Produce Keeper Set (4 winners)!
Winners are Heather, MaryAnn, Angel, and Kelly.