When I buy produce, I usually just keep it in the bag or box that it came in. I recently received a set of produce keepers from Good Cook and it has changed my habits. I now put my produce in the appropriate keeper or one that it fits in. I purchased lemons and blueberries so I could make lemon blueberry muffins. I used the lemon keeper for a lemon and the grapefruit keeper for blueberries. I had my produce in them for a week and they were still in great shape when I went to use them. The keepers look cute in my fridge. They catch my attention so I remember to use the produce. The keepers have transparent lids that twist to lock so I can see what is left. The produce keepers have organized my fridge plus my produce lasts longer.
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 lemon, juicedCrumb Topping
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin pan with liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and lemon zest.
- Add blueberries to flour mixture.
- In a liquid measuring cup, add vegetable oil, milk and egg.
- Make a well in the flour mixture, add liquid mixture and lemon juice.
- Mix ingredients until moistened.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.Crumb Topping
- Mix together brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and cut in butter.
- Sprinkle over muffins before baking
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes or until done.
Get 25% off on these keepers and your entire order on Goodcook.com with coupon code KEEPERS. If you purchase any of the keepers, you will also receive a free banana keeper with your order. Offer expires June 30, 2013.
Enter to win a Good Cook Produce Keeper Set (4 winners)!
Winners are Heather, MaryAnn, Angel, and Kelly.
Gator Mommy Reviews may have been compensated for this post or received products in exchange for my honest opinion. My opinions are my own and may differ from those of your own. This post may contain affiliate links. Gator Mommy Reviews is not responsible for sponsor prize shipment.
©Gator Mommy Reviews, 2012-2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s owner is strictly prohibited. Images and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Gator Mommy Reviews with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.